Ways to tackle ACTA
I’ve read a lot of people who are ‘tired’ after the fight with SOPA, but remember: the fight for civil liberties NEVER really ends. It’s tireless, and yes, it might seem unfair, but at least we live in a time when you can wage battle with a keyboard and not with a musket.
LET’S TALK ABOUT WHAT WE CAN DO ABOUT ACTA.
Find the right petitions, spread the information. It’s better than nothing. Here’s five things you CAN do if you can’t find a good petition or cannot contact the proper representatives:
1. Spread information. Find data online, and share it with others.
2. Make sure to tag things properly. The information is only good if it can be found.
3. Cross platforms. Spread information through different mediums. Check for twitter hashtags and USE them.
4. Look for the strongest petitions online. Direct all possible attention to the ones which are: (a) official or directed at government bodies, or (b) have the largest amount of signatures. SHARE these petitions. Make posts listing the strongest ones.
5. Research, research, research! Just google the latest news on ACTA and make a post about it on all the networks you can.
6. Talk about it. Talk about it in your workplace, on the way to work, with friends, with family. Every person you inform is one potential head in a network that will further spread the word of discontent.
7. Give it at LEAST 10 minutes of your every day to find out the latest about ACTA, and sign new petitions if they come up.
Remember these THREE BASIC ARGUMENTS against ACTA:
2. ACTA will affect BASIC liberties and civil rights, such as privacy and freedom of speech. There is NO economic benefit or tradeoff from ANY law that can compensate this. Ever.
3. ACTA is practically GLOBAL. And if you feel safe because your country didn’t sign an agreement, remember, countries can always jump on board with them later.
WAYS TO HELP FOR ALL TYPES OF PEOPLE:
Are you or do you know a DESIGNER? Make information about ACTA easier to divulge and assimilate. Present it properly so that the message is communicated BETTER.
Are you or do you know a LAWYER? Help others understand the contents of ACTA by putting it in layman’s terms.
Are you or do you know a BLOGGER? Put information about ACTA on your blog.
Are you or do you know a JOURNALIST? Get the information off the net and onto regular channels, such as television or radio. There’s still plenty of ground to cover.
Are you anything else? An engineer? An animator? A musician? A doctor? ACTA CONCERNS YOU and the liberty you have to research material for your workplace or distribute your artistic creations.
IMPORTANT: REBLOG THIS POST AS TEXT, NOT AS A LINK. MAKE IT EASIER FOR OTHERS TO READ IT.
HERE’S HOW TO CONTACT THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT:
- pepper-shares reblogged this from peppermint-pinwheel
- lights-camera-and-rowling reblogged this from tennantstype40
- tennantstype40 reblogged this from fractalnarrative
- lacommunarde reblogged this from stalinistqueens
- meiscarol reblogged this from callistamiralni
- callistamiralni reblogged this from redasatomato
- atuin reblogged this from dazebras
- soundslikepyrzqxgl likes this
- blabberart reblogged this from beautifulmonster
- sushipuppy reblogged this from chocotaur
- sushipuppy likes this
- frankcoffee reblogged this from queenchips
- gigglebeef reblogged this from oxboxer
- elfennau reblogged this from a-momentary-equilibrium-issue
- guitarshark likes this
- marshyoftheblobs reblogged this from oxboxer
- saigoto likes this
- interludesanddaydreams reblogged this from bluandorange
- trombley reblogged this from morebrandy
- izzy3991 reblogged this from lintufriikki
- izzy3991 likes this
- ubiquitous-love reblogged this from tenthousandpennies
- herooftwerklight likes this
- where-i-wanted-to-go likes this
- totallygreatness reblogged this from chocotaur
- satoshijiro reblogged this from urusaai and added:
- levihaichou likes this
- zeldass reblogged this from darklink-
- blackkolors likes this
- raideo reblogged this from tenthousandpennies
- raideo likes this
- tenthousandpennies reblogged this from urusaai
- thowra likes this
- carrizi reblogged this from sofuckingbeautifulbaby
- urusaai reblogged this from mizuki-takashima
- waywardreamer likes this
- sinshine reblogged this from transqueersxxx-admin
- storyofaquietgirl reblogged this from thatscaptainrogerstoyou
- mercurysailor reblogged this from neptunepirate
- glueck reblogged this from mazarins
- chiibee reblogged this from choraleofsound
- choraleofsound reblogged this from neptunepirate
- ooohshiny likes this
- smoothie-kun reblogged this from eternarogue
- mazarins reblogged this from neptunepirate
- chocotaur posted this